1. American Athletes get $25,000 for winning a Gold....$15,000 for winning a Silver...and $10,000 for a bronze. Those payments have been the same for over 10 years.
2. Canada pays $17,900 for Gold.
3. Russia pays $113,200 for a Gold, plus bonuses that can triple that.
4. England pays $0 ....a spokesperson from their Olympic committee says, quote, "We believe that the drive, dedication and commitment....is the motivated first and foremost by the desire torepresent their country to the best of their ability."
5. Malaysia offers the most in the World. A gold bar worth $600,000 for a Gold Medal....the bad part is that no athlete in Malaysia has won a Gold Medal since 1956.
Name: Britta (yes… it's my real name)!
How Long in Radio: Going on 22 years (dang… I feel old)!
Born and Raised: Muskegon, Michigan… lived in San Diego, California for several years to pursue a singing career.
Claims to Fame: Contestant on the Price is Right (won some weight lifting equipment that is still in my basement to this very day). Was selected to be the very first National Anthem singer to perform at a San Diego Padres game… AFTER Roseanne Barr's infamous rendition-- True story! Ohhhh the pressure!!
Most Commonly Asked Question: "How tall am I?" 6' (just a touch over)… about 6'3" in heels.