Kindergartners Accidentally Drank Tequila At A Michigan School


Kinder Ready Summer Camp

Photo: Getty Images North America

A kindergarten class in Michigan accidentally drank tequila during snack time. A student brought in Jose Cuervo's ready-to-drink margaritas and the children thought it was juice. One of the kids "felt woozy" and a "little dizzy" after having four or five sips, a parent said. Several students drank it. One kindergartner "felt woozy" and a "little dizzy" after having four or five sips from a Dixie cup, a parent told Fox 2 Detroit. The kindergartners who drank the margaritas told their parents they thought it was juice. But the kindergartner who initially brought the drink in knew it was alcoholic, Fox 2 Detroit reported. In a statement, the school said faculty called poison control when they learned the children had been drinking margaritas. Outraged parents are blaming the child's own parents.

"The girl poured it in her cup and she drank it and the girl ended up telling her what it is, and she went and told the teacher there is liquor in this cup, and the teacher gave her a funny face," Dominique Zanders, a mother of one of the kindergartners.

In a statement, the school said faculty called poison control when they learned the children had been drinking margaritas.

"While we try to keep an eye on everything our students bring to school, that's simply not possible," the school said in its statement. "It's unfortunate that these types of adult beverages can be easily mistaken for child-friendly drinks."

"I'm not sure if they are short-staffed or whatever, it shouldn't have happened," Zanders told Fox 2 Detroit.

The school said parents were notified immediately and told that their kids were okay.

Outraged parents are blaming the child's own parents.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content